|13.04.040 General prohibitions applicable to all parks and recreation facilities.
A. Within the limit of any park or within any recreational facility, it is unlawful for any person to:
1. Abandon any vehicle or other personal property or leave any vehicle or other personal property unattended for a period in excess of twenty-four hours;
2. Throw or dispose of any refuse or any waste material except in a receptacle designated for such;
3. Permit any animal, except as hereinafter provided in subsection D of this section, to enter and to remain within the confines of any park area;
4. Destroy, injure, deface, or remove in any manner any public structure, sign, equipment, monument, or device;
5. Discharge firearms, air rifles, or spring guns, except at a range established and regulated for that specific purpose;
6. Defecate or urinate on the grounds or improvements of any park or recreational facility, except in properly functioning toilets or urinals in public restrooms.
B. Except as otherwise authorized by permit, license, lease or concession issued in accordance with the Maui County Code, it is unlawful for any person, within the limits of any park or recreational facility to:
1. Distribute, post or place any commercial handbill or circular, notice or other advertising material;
2. Wash, polish or repair cars or other vehicles;
3. Store, repair, or condition any boat, canoe, raft or other vessel;
4. Park or operate any vehicle on grassed and sand areas with the exception of a personal mobility device;
5. Use or operate loudspeakers;
6. Dance on any gymnasium floor;
7. Engage in archery;
8. Kindle, build, maintain or use any fire other than in a grill or hibachi;
9. Consume any intoxicating liquor, as defined in section 281-1, Hawaii Revised Statutes, while within the boundaries of any park or recreational facility, if any boundary of that park or recreational facility is located within a one-thousand five hundred foot radius of any boundary of any public or private school or preschool, between the hours of six a.m. and five p.m., Mondays through Fridays, except state and County holidays;
10. Consume any intoxicating liquor at any time in any public restroom;
11. Consume any intoxicating liquor between the hours of eleven p.m. and six a.m. in any park or recreational facility, except civic and community centers, provided that this prohibition shall not apply to Molokai.
C. The director may designate, by posting signs, areas where the following activities are not permitted:
1. Throw, cast, roll, catch, kick, or strike any baseball, tennis ball, football, basketball, croquet ball, bowling ball, or golf ball;
2. Ride on roller skates, skate boards, or bicycles.
D. Regulation on Animals.
1. The director is authorized to set aside areas within parks for horse riding, animal shows, dog parks, and dog obedience classes and trials.
2. Dogs shall be permitted in all parks, provided that while outside the confines of a dog park, the dog shall be secured by a leash or lead of not more than six feet in length held by, or tied to, a responsible person at all times.
3. The owner or handler of a dog shall not tie the dog to a solid object while in a County park.
4. Dogs, except for guide, signal/hearing, and service dogs, as defined in section 6.05.010 of this code, are prohibited on athletic fields.
5. While in any County park, including dog parks, the owner or handler of a dog shall be responsible for the actions of the dog.
6. A dog deemed dangerous under chapter 6.04 of this code shall not be allowed in any dog park.
7. The director shall adopt rules pertaining to dog parks.
E. Regulation on motor vehicles. The director may prohibit or restrict the operation or parking of a motor vehicle within the premises of any park or the premises of a recreational facility.
F. Any other use or activity not provided for under this article may be permitted in accordance with the terms of this chapter and the rules of the department.
(Ord. 3150 § 3, 2003; Ord. 2447 § 1, 1995; Ord. 2389 § 1, 1994; Ord. 1256 § 2 (part), 1982)
(Ord. No. 3600, § 7, 11-7-2008)